Understanding the basics of nutrition can help us achieve our personal health and fitness goals.
WATER, WATER, & more water…in the morning
- Drinking 8 o.z. of water as soon as we wake, alerts our kidneys and prepares the body for digestion, circulation, transportation of nutrients, and it REVS up our metabolism.
- It increases the flow of oxygen, which can be energizing when we wake.
- Is fuel for our brain which can combat fatigue or mood fluctuations.
Let’s Hydrate…We can make this a simple daily habit!
eat a plate of color
- Filling half our plate with fruits and veggies gives us a greater chance at taking in more Vitamins A and C, potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and other great nutrients that our body needs.
- Studies have shown that eating a diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables has been linked to improved health and protection against chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- Eating fruits and vegetables will positively affect our endurance during training.
Consistent Physical training and eating a balanced diet leads to a healthier lifestyle.
- Carbohydrates ARE actually our greatest source of ENERGY!
- Carbs help to regulate the digestion and utilization of protein and fat.
- America’s increasing epidemic of obesity is not a direct result of carbohydrate intake, but rather one of physical inactivity.
The body needs CARBS and carbs can help to improve physical performance.
Disclaimer: Seek the advice of your Registered Dietician (RD) or other licensed medical professional prior to adjusting your diet.